The Bid Manager’s role is to support our efforts securing new business with domestic and international enterprise customers. This role aligns with our Sales team, focused on sales of geospatial software solutions to key clients in the Telco and Utility industries. The objective of this position is to coordinate and manage the process of preparing and submitting well-crafted business proposals or bids in response to requests for proposals (RFPs) or tenders, Statements of Work, or direct offers made to prospective clients or customers. By presenting competitive and compelling bids that meet the client’s requirements, the Bid Manager will support winning new business, working closely with business units, including Sales, Pre-sales, Operations, Customer Success and Finance.
Position located in downtown Denver, CO, or remote, with flexibility of hours, exceptional employee benefits, and possible career building experience with growth opportunities. Ideal for mid-level professional position with rapidly growing international tech company.
The Bid Manager supports the sales and delivery team to drive new orders and revenue with new and existing customers by:
- Bid/Win Strategy: Develop a winning bid strategy in collaboration with the sales team, technical experts, and other stakeholders. This may include determining pricing, highlighting unique selling points, and identifying potential risks. How to lobby, prospect/proactively reach out to market, define market potential and approach. Understanding the problem the customer is trying to solve.
- Proposal and SOW Management: Oversee the end-to-end bid process, from receiving the RFP or tender to the final submission. This involves understanding the client's needs, evaluating the scope of work, and establishing a timeline for completion.
- Proposal and SOW Writing: Lead and contribute to the development of high-quality, persuasive proposals that address the client's specific needs and demonstrate the company's capabilities.
- Content Coordination: Collaborate with subject matter experts and various departments to gather relevant content, case studies, technical specifications, and other supporting materials to enhance the proposal.
- Compliance and Quality Control: Ensure that the bid complies with all the requirements outlined in the RFP or tender and adheres to the company's branding guidelines and quality standards.
- Risk Assessment: Identify potential risks or challenges associated with the bid and develop mitigation strategies.
- Coordination with Stakeholders: Collaborate with different departments and individuals within the organization to obtain necessary information and support for the bid.
- Presentation and Communication: Present the proposal to internal decision-makers showcasing the value proposition and addressing any queries or concerns.
- Post-Submission Analysis: Evaluate the performance of submitted bids, analyzing successes and areas for improvement, and using this information to enhance future proposals.
- CRM and Database Management: Utilize Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools to maintain accurate records of bids, status, and outcomes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management and organizational abilities.
- Analytical and strategic thinking to develop winning proposals.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail and a focus on quality.
- Team player with the ability to coordinate with multiple stakeholders.
- Business acumen and understanding of market dynamics.
- Proficiency in using relevant software, such as Microsoft Office suite and CRM tools.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) or 5 years of technology and industry experience.
What's In It For You?
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance – paid 100% for employee, spouse, and family!
- STD/LTD insurance fully paid
- No employee contribution to insurance plans
- Generous PTO with 8 holidays plus 2 “floating” holidays
- 401k Safe Harbor contribution, fully vested day one
- Remote and hybrid friendly
- Mentor program
- Carbon Neutral
- Flexible schedule / flexible location friendly
- Home office support
- Enhanced maternity leave policy (full pay 3 months, half-pay 3 additional months)
- Paid charity day
This position will ideally be based in our Denver, CO office, and parking costs including an RTD EcoPass will be provided. We support hybrid and flexible working arrangements for all employees, though some office presence is necessary to be fully successful in this role.