The Sales Function is responsible for driving sales delivery in the country/region, meeting annual sales and profitability targets as defined by the Company. The Pre-Sales Consultant will play a key role in formulating customer requirements and our proposed solution, responsible for the definition, implementation, presentation of product demonstrations to customers and supporting the Sales Manager during the bid process.
Our offices in Germany are located in Frankfurt am Main and this role offers a remote / hybrid working model, with some flexibility of hours, exceptional employee benefits, and possible career building experience with growth opportunities.
The Pre-Sales Consultant supports the sales team to drive new orders and revenue by:
- Pro-actively engaging in the sales cycle and take charge of the technical aspects and deliverables during the potential customer's product evaluation.
- Meetings with customers early in the development cycle to fully appreciate and understand the problem the customer is trying to solve.
- Define and implement appropriate demonstrations to fulfil the customer’s needs.
- Confidently presenting these to the customer at the appropriate level
- Represent the company at trade shows and conferences.
- Play an active role in the introduction of new products into the market.
- Build and maintain close links with our development and field implementation teams, including implementation partners, to ensure the smooth transition from concept to product implementation.
- Support Sales with client business case development, as applicable.
- Work with delivery teams on implementation technical estimates, ensuring a smooth transition from sales to implementation.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
Required skills and requirements
- Software knowledge sufficient to have a thorough understanding of the technical scope of the sale.
- Ability to build demonstrations to present to the customer (end users, technical experts, IT experts, senior management).
- Minimum 5 years of technology and industry experience.
- Experience with SQL and RDBMS technology (PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQLite).
- Experience with Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) or web mapping.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, client relationship, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of mobile application development (iOS, Android, Windows).
- Experience with ETL tools such Safe Software’s FME or GeoKettle.
- Good understanding of sales cycles.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- A hands-on problem solver, with ability to think on your feet and change approach as required.
- Commitment to the success of implementation post-sale ensuring an effective handover to professional services organisation.
- Fluent German (written and spoken) would be an advantage.
- Excellent listening and oral and written communication skills; the ability to articulate technical solutions and how they can solve customer's business problems to all audiences from the very technical to non-technical.
- Excellent interpersonal and decision-making skills as well as the confidence to present at all levels.
- Being open and flexible with regards to time management and willing to travel throughout Europe and occasionally to North America.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering or Technical subject
- Minimum 5 years of technology and industry experience
This opportunity is a full-time role and offers a remote / hybrid working style.