Graduate Software Engineer Delivery
You are part of the Client Delivery team where you will be running projects with and for our customers, focused on the successful delivery of our GIS-based optimization and automation tools for planning of utility networks.
- Project and feature definition: Once a project has been defined, it will be your role to scope the clients’ wishes and requirements. Matching these to the current functionalities of our tools will allow you to identify the gaps.
- Development and implementation of the defined features. This will be the main bulk of your work, where you will
- use the available code base to start from
- create new algorithms and implement the customers’ requirements.
- be part of one of our Scrum teams, where teamwork and continuous improvement are essential.
- Code Quality and Architecture: when developing customizations, the quality of the code is of high importance, because this allows us to maintain the code base and to keep on improving our tools.
- These two topics are optional - if you are interested in interacting with clients:
- Client Experience: You will use your technical background to support, enlighten and explain various complex topics to our customers.
- Training and support: After the code is finalized and tested thoroughly, we organize a training where you will explain to the customer how to use the general product, as well as the specific features you have developed.
Keywords: Java, Algorithms, QGIS, Client interaction
- You hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Informatics, Computer Science or Engineering or similar with a good track record.
- You have excellent programming skills in Java or another object-oriented language.
- You have experience writing clean code that performs well at scale using Java
- You have an interest in network planning, more specifically for telecom (fiber) or utility networks (heat, electricity, smart grids networks) and you are excited to continuously follow the state-of-the-art in these domains.
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills.
- Experience and/or genuine interest in working in the telecom or utility industry.
- Experience with efficient optimization algorithms
We’re committed to succeed, but are we a good match?
- Do you care about other people?
Whether it is a client or a colleague, whenever a person is in need, we get a boost from seeing other people succeed thanks to our help.
- Are you continuously looking to improve?
We strongly believe that to stand still is to fall behind. We continuously look to improve our own and our client’s processes, whether in small steps or through pure revolutions based on innovation.
- Are you committed to succeed?
We always deliver the best we can, going the extra mile if needed to deliver the high quality expected from us.
What’s in it for you?
- A flexible work environment, with the ability to work from home and the office.
- A versatile job with a generous salary package.
- The chance to work in a professional and challenging environment with a focus on algorithms, graph theory, software and innovation.
- The opportunity to contribute to a global software provider, leading in its domain.
- An open working atmosphere with great team spirit. We are an international company with offices in Ghent, Cambridge, Toronto, Denver and Tokyo.
This position will be based in our Ghent, Belgium office. However, we support hybrid and flexible working arrangements for all employees.