IQGeo is seeking a well-rounded and self-motivated finance professional to fill a Staff Accountant role in our Downtown Denver headquarters. IQGeo is a global, high growth software company that is looking to grow our Finance team to support both recent and future expansion. The selected individual will be a key individual contributor within the Business Services function (Finance/HR/IT) supporting Sales, Operations, Engineering and Marketing locally and globally. Reporting to the Controller, duties will span forecasting, accounting, taxes and compliance, and other key financial support of the business lines. IQGeo offers industry leading benefits and supports hybrid working, with some office team engagement and flexibility of schedules as the norm.
- Creation of annual budgets and re-forecasts, driving accountability and ownership with budget holders
- Revenue recognition, commission calculations and accruals
- Maintain WIP, deferred revenue and other balance sheet accounts and reconciliations
- Month end close activities including payroll accruals, IFRS revenue recognition journal entries
- Leverage existing data systems to enhance and improve financial reporting capabilities with a focus on driving simplification and accuracy
- Review tax filings and ensure compliance.
- Maintain business licenses and other state compliance needs
- Canada payroll coordination/VAT filings
- Assist with special projects, including ad hoc reporting and analysis, as needed.
- Advanced Excel skills required,
- SAP Business One, and SalesForce.com helpful
- Knowledge of revenue recognition under IFRS15 or ASC 606 desirable
- Friendly, approachable, helpful demeanor and clear communication skills lead to success in role
- Ability to work independently
- Comfortable with change and adaptable to new responsibilities.
- Customer service oriented and ability to succeed in a team environment.
- Strong research and analysis skills
- Excellent organization with ability to manage competing priorities.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Finance, Accounting, or related degree
- 5+ years relevant experience, ideally in a high-growth, fast-paced, software/technology company.
- Some public accounting experience desired
The pay for this position has a salary of up to $100,000 USD. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses or commission.
This position will ideally be based in our Denver, CO office, and parking costs including an RTD EcoPass will be provided. We support hybrid and flexible working arrangements for all employees, though some office presence is necessary to be fully successful in this role. Excellent insurance benefits for employee and family are covered at 100%.