IQGeo is seeking a Senior Technical Project Manager to support our Web and Mobile Mapping Software Delivery efforts for domestic and international enterprise customers. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team that enjoys working with complex applications and products that utilize software, GIS, engineering and problem-solving skills. Our flexible scheduling and outstanding benefits support success in a highly creative, innovative, and energetic company.
As an integral part of the IQGeo geospatial project delivery team, the successful candidate will be a key leader on the team responsible for implementing IQGeo products to our customers in the Utility and Telecommunication markets. The candidate is expected to work independently and as a team member and have a working knowledge of software implementation methodologies.
The key responsibilities include the following.
- Planning and execution of technology and services delivery projects within the IQGeo Geospatial division, from proposal creation and contract definition through project completion and acceptance
- Excellent problem solving skills, providing consulting to clients based on current operational processes and their fit with IQGeo products
- Support client IT infrastructure design and troubleshooting
- Administrative lead on all issues related to the management and execution of the project
- Responsible for project delivery scope, schedule and budget constraints within an agreed project plan
- Establish and maintain customer relationships
- Technical documentation of software design
- Ability to travel 25-50%
Successful candidates will be enthusiastic individuals with a strong technical, project management and consulting background in general software engineering skills related to the following.
- Excellent technical capabilities in the area of web/mobile application development
- Experience with Linux system architecture/administration and supporting network architecture
- Excellent communication and writing skills, e.g. solid risk management and conflict resolution skills
- Project and/or team management experience as candidate will be responsible for project delivery and need to produce monthly status and financial reports
- Experience with enterprise software deployment lifecycles
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Minimum 10 years of technology and industry experience
- US citizenship or permanent residency required
- Experience with Geospatial Information Systems or web mapping
- Experience with SQL and RDBMS technology (PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQLite)
- Experience of mobile application development (iOS, Android, Windows)
- Experience of utility or telecoms industries
- Experience using Git or other distributed version control systems