In order to maintain competitive market position and provide their customers with differentiated products and services, Zayo teams are constantly coming up with new and innovative IT and business solutions to improve productivity, competitiveness and customer experience.
The company saw an opportunity to provide more information about the network to people in operations, engineering, sales and support so the enterprise systems group decided to move forward with an initiative to provide a network Inventory Map for both internal and external consumption, giving users all the information they need, when and where they need it.
Zayo established key baseline requirements for the new Inventory Map solution:
- Display detailed network asset data including configurations, customers, services and capacity within an interactive webmap application.
- Ensure the application is intuitive and is easy-to-use with fast rendering and response time.
- Incorporate Zayo’s network and service nomenclature for predictive searches and queries.
- Operate on any device, for example laptops, tablets and smart phones running iOS, Android or Windows.
- Integrate with GIS, Salesforce.com, Google Maps, and other Zayo business systems.
Kris Boccio, VP Systems Development & GIS at Zayo, said “The advantages of putting powerful but easy to use Inventory Maps into the hands of the right staff are tremendous. But this means that we have to simplify the app and user experience in order to avoid the complexities associated with traditional GIS solutions that have prevented progress in this area.”
"The key consumers of the new Inventory Map would be network and field operations teams who require instant access to critical network and customer information, 24x7, enabling them to respond to issues quickly and effectively. A future phase will be to make the inventory map available to Zayo’s customers as an embedded part of the company’s Tranzact platform.”
To find out more, download the Zayo case study.