The Customer Support department is seeking a Technical Software / Applications Support Engineer to support our Web and Mobile Mapping Software for our growing global customer base in the US and Europe. This role joins a dynamic team that enjoys working with complex applications and products that utilize software, GIS, engineering, and problem-solving skills.
The Support Engineer is a technical software expert, experienced in configuration and implementation of IQGeo solutions often requiring knowledge of complex integrations with 3rd party software systems and middleware, and/or custom software development, as required by customers.
The role works independently or as a team member along with Project Managers, Implementers, and Director of Customer Support to deliver product support for the customer.
As an integral part of the IQGeo geospatial Customer Support Team, the successful candidate will be a key contributor on the team by supporting IQGeo products for our customers in the Utility and Telecommunications markets. The role is expected to be capable of working independently, and as a team member, and should have a working knowledge of software implementation methodologies and troubleshooting skills. The key responsibilities include the following.
- Problem solving skills, providing consulting to clients based on current operational processes and their fit with IQGeo products.
- Respond to customer queries (incidents or questions) in a timely and accurate way via support cases, phone, or email.
- Identify customer needs and help customers resolve issues or understand IQGeo product functionality.
- Follow up with customers to ensure their technical issues are resolved.
- Analyze and report product defects to the IQGeo Product Development Team.
- Ensure accurate support case information is filled out by IQGeo customers and internal teams to build an IQGeo knowledgebase for end-users.
- Inform customers of critical issues or when patches are released on IQGeo products.
- Develop and maintain IQGeo product training materials for the IQGeo Certification program.
Successful candidates will be enthusiastic individuals with a strong technical and consulting background in general software delivery and support skills related to the following:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with customer service desk systems (Jira Service Desk, FogBugz)
- Strong experience with open-source software technologies (Apache, OpenLayers, Leaflet)
- Experience with Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) or web mapping
- Experience with SQL and RDBMS technology (PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQLite)
- Experience with Linux System administration and bash scripting
- Experience with Python
- Enterprise Integration, especially web services
- Collaboration systems, such as Jira Confluence or Microsoft SharePoint
- Mobile application support (iOS, Android, Windows)
- Experience in IQGeo software technology experience
- ETL tools such Safe Software’s FME or GeoKettle
- Git or other distributed version control systems
- Additional language skills are not essential, but would be an advantage
Education and experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering required or related field or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Comparable technology and industry experience